Wednesday 25 July 2007

Kosovo






Even though we left Kosovo a few days ago I have to write something about my impressions from this strange place. In this area of ex-Yugoslavia, Kosovo seems like the most developed part. Pristina is full of new cafes and restaurants, streets are crowded with new big cars and everywhere you go you hear different languages. American, French, Slovakian, Swedish, Swiss, Finnish, the list goes on, there is military presence from almost every European country as well as American. On the other hand, if you round a corner, no pavement, no streetlight, only barbed wire. My Cesar salad lunch was the first west European food in a long time, served by a waiter who seemed extremely humble and nervous, I hope all these UN people are not acting like idiots, bossing people around. Like in Palestine it was a relief to leave, so much weapons and military trucks make you very tired.

2 comments:

Pär said...

One of the best pictures I have seen Peter and Anna! Little Shlakiyah against the big tank!
Kram

danielskantze said...

Hey, did you have Cesar for Salad? :-)

Did you know that my friend Sverker did FN service in Kosovo for almost a year?