Monday 23 April 2007

On Food and Cooking on the Road*

Planning what to bring is half the fun and even material for classic literature, (were do you stuff the butter?) Lisa provided the link for this, it´s well worth spending some time on reading it, hilarious.

I´m thinking about how to equip the kitchen for out door cooking. In order to keep the costs down and my spirits up we´ll have to do a lot of the cooking ourselves. Besides I long to be able to actually shop in those food markets you always see abroad with fresh, unidentifiable foods.

You can´t take everything though so here is a list of tools I think are indispensable in a primitive kitchen:
Gas-stove, small + big pot, small + big frying pan with lid, big knife, small knife, bread knife, cutting board, grater, mortar, whisk, wooden spoon, plastic bowl, spatula, scissors, wine opener, potato peeler, mocca boiler, and then of course things you need for eating like plates, cutlery and cups. I could make the list much longer but we really need to keep it basic.

If something crusial in your opinion is forgotten, please comment.

*Peter gave me this book, I will bring it on the road to dream about advanced cooking.

No comments: